The ICN is a statewide telecommunications network designed primarily to enhance learning opportunities for students, employees and board members. The school district recognizes that it is not the only authorized user of the ICN and other users will frequently be using the school district's !GI facilities. Sponsored and authorized users of the ICN must comply with state and federal law in using the ICN.
The Technology Coordinator is responsible for coordinating ICN classroom use. Requests for use of the lCN classroom by employees for the educational program shall be filed with the Technology Coordinator.
It shall be tile responsibility of the entity using the ICN classroom to comply with tile requirements of the law and school district policy and its supporting administrative regulations.
- The ICN is a limited access network and sponsored or authorized users cannot use the system for profit making ventures.
- The use must be consistent with the mission of the sponsored or authorized user.
- Users cannot “re-sell” time on the ICN.
- Sponsored and authorized users are responsible for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Iowa Civil Rights Act. Sponsored and authorized users are responsible for making the necessary accommodations and are responsible for obtaining and paying for needed interpreters or interpretive equipment.
- Sponsored and authorized users are required to stay within the ICN classroom and use the most direct route to the ICN classroom. Other school district facilities, sites, areas in the school district building or equipment are off limits to the authorized users.
- The charge for use of the ICN room is determined by its use by the Superintendent.
- The ICN will be available Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m., to 10:30 p.m. and Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- The sponsored or authorized user is responsible for all site and site usage charges.
- A school district employee will be present in the school district facility while the ICN is in use.
- Food and drink is not permitted in the ICN room.
- First time use of the ICN will require prior training and should be organized through the school district ICN scheduler at .
- Use or transmission of copyrighted material, without prior approval of the copyright holder, is strictly prohibited. Appropriate use of the copyrighted material is the responsibility of the sponsored or authorized user, not the school district.
- The school district reserves the right to amend these rules as necessary to reflect the ICN's usage and changes at the state or federal level.
- The school district reserves the right to charge all costs, including attorneys' fees, that may arise to the authorized user for the sponsored or authorized user's failure to comply with the law, board policy and administrative regulation.